Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kamiar Rokni

I am a fashion designer based in Lahore. I have been in the business for almost ten years. I started the label karma in 2000 and helped establish s a leading brand of couture and prĂȘt a porter until parting ways in 2007 to create my own label" Kamiar Rokni". I am a women's wear designer with a fairly wide range, and am comfortable with many styles and enjoy making eastern, western, bridal, fusion, casual and formal clothes. I am very passionate about what I do and have met with success and recognition early on in my career. I have three Lux Style awards under my belt, an Indus style award and a Maku Hari Grande prix award from Japan from my student days.

I see myself working in fashion for as long as I can however recently I have branched out into the world of media. I am a chat show host for Dawn News, my show "No Reservations" is in its third season and I am also a radio jockey for FM89. I occasionally write as a social commentator. I believe in finding avenues to express myself through. One day I intend to act, sing, dance and sail around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment